Defence and security sector professionals rely on absolute reliability and precision when it comes to their equipment. Having a durable kit that meets the brief may sometimes be the difference between life and death. Plastic injection moulding is, therefore, an ideal process for manufacturing equipment, tools and components used in defence and security settings. At Adreco Plastics, we pride ourselves on the high-quality materials that we use and the efficient performance of our products in the field.
Our specialist team knows how to use the latest advances in plastic injection technology and techniques to achieve the best possible results:
- We work to customers’ exact specification, using our state-of-the-art injection mould to create and develop prototypes before moving onto the full-scale production tooling and moulding stage.
- We can fulfil highly complex orders of almost any size and scale, all the while staying in close contact to ensure customer satisfaction at every step.
We are proud to work in these vital sectors and to provide high-quality military and defence plastic products and components that our armed and security forces can rely on, wherever they are deployed in the world.
We also work closely with customers in related sectors, such as policing, health and safety. Our reliable, robust plastic components and tools help protect the professionals who work in defence and security sectors and provide them with the kit they need to get the job done safely and efficiently.
Our products add a strong defence in personal protection like helmets and body armour, while their lightweight and robust properties make them ideal for use in defensive applications, such as firearms or riot shields.
What makes plastic injection moulding for military applications great?
The versatility and resilient nature of plastic injection moulding make it an ideal process for the defence, security and military sectors:
- The plastics produced are lightweight and easy to maintain, bearing up well against damage and wear and tear, thanks to their high-tolerance properties.
- They are robust: from the smallest applications, such as fasteners for kit bags or tiny components in surveillance equipment to larger-scale operations, our products offer impressive durability.
- Plastic doesn’t conduct electricity, making it a preferred option over metal for many mission-critical applications.
- It can withstand hostile conditions, such as adverse weather or extreme temperatures. It is rust-proof too, making it less likely to fail at a crucial tactical moment.
- Plastic is cheaper to produce than other materials, which means it is more cost-effective for today’s tighter military budgets.
- Finally, the process allows total uniformity in the production line. Large numbers of components or tools can be manufactured to the same specifications and come off the production line as an identical set. Accuracy levels are high and the finished product can be tailored to meet the end user’s exact requirements. This is an advantage much sought-after by service personnel who need to trust their equipment when they are in an already unpredictable or volatile situation that has no room for error.
Adreco Plastics is ISO9001 accredited, which means that all of our products must pass exacting industry standards in their design and manufacture to ensure optimum performance and durability. Every single item that is produced for the military and defence sector undergoes full quality checks to make sure that everything is present and correct before it leaves the production line.
We stay up to date with the latest advances in thermoplastic technology too, to allow our products and services to keep pace with the rapidly changing aims and requirements of the international military and defence market. This dedication to quality is what makes us a successful supplier to defence, military and security customers in the UK and beyond.
Plastic injection moulding is so versatile that the components and tools that it produces are used across the global military and defence sectors. Some examples of essential items that are employed by the armed forces, and incorporate parts that have been manufactured using thermoplastic injection moulding technology include:
- Flashlights and scopes
- Communication equipment
- Radios and headsets
- Helmets and protective gear
- Firearms components
- Connectors and brackets
- Vehicle components
- Fasteners for kit bags and backpacks
- Food and beverage containers and canteens
We serve other sectors too
As well as working to create an extensive range of tools and plastic moulded components for the defence, military and security sectors, we also work across several other industries, including medical and healthcare, agriculture, automotive, construction, retail, packaging and lighting. Our customers regularly report high levels of satisfaction and we take pride in meeting the exact brief. To find out more about what we do, or to ask for a quote for our tooling and moulding services for the defence, military and security sectors.
Want to find out more about Defence and Security injection moulding?
please get in touch with us on tel. 01908 374144.
We look forward to working with you soon!