Demand for top-quality medical injection moulding components and tools for the medical sector is growing. Innovations and advancements in technology lead on to the need for more sophisticated medical tools and devices.
Adreco Plastics has built up an enviable reputation for quality and durability when it comes to plastic injection moulding for the medical and healthcare sectors. Our products are being used in a wide range of applications in hospitals, clinics, doctors’ surgeries, pharmacies and healthcare settings in the UK and abroad.
Meet the experts at medical injection moulding
Our team of highly knowledgeable engineers and manufacturers have honed their skills and sharpened their understanding through close liaison with R&D experts and medical device pioneers to help them learn new ways to deliver medical treatments using the advanced plastic injection moulding techniques that Adreco Plastics has become renowned for.
All our products are designed and manufactured to exacting industry standards and are created using top quality plastics and polymers to ensure premium performance. We have been ISO 9001 accredited since 2006 and we make it our business to stay up to date with all the latest advances in thermoplastic technology. This dedication to quality is reflected in the versatility and durability of our work.
Discover the Moulding process
Our moulding and tooling teams can produce any kind of plastic medical device, instrument or component required. These range from the smallest of widgets to large-scale, complex assemblies.
We offer a complete manufacturing process, tailored to our medical sector customers’ exact needs and delivered across three shifts working round the clock, five days a week.
This allows us to reduce lead times: we deliver on time without compromising on quality.
- The process starts with a full customer briefing, during which a full specification is taken and a design and manufacturing plan developed.
- Once we know exactly what is required, we can make informed recommendations about tooling configuration and polymer selection to produce the best results.
- We then produce 3D prototypes that allow us to make further adjustments to the design until everyone is satisfied.
- At that stage, the main manufacturing production goes ahead and we work to fulfil the order using the approved mould and following the agreed schedule.
- The plastic injection process is then completed with a full round of quality checks.
Benefits to the medical sector
Plastic injection moulding offers numerous advantages to the medical and healthcare sectors. The plastic injection moulding process can be used to manufacture a huge range of essential medical items, including:
Medical and health care products that have been injection moulded:
- implants and orthopaedic devices
- surgical instruments
- diagnostic and patient monitoring components
- medicine delivery systems
- ophthalmic devices
- medical packaging
The finished results have undeniable benefits in their long and useful life:
- They are durable and flexible.
- They can be sterilised easily,
- They can be moulded to fit exacting specifications to meet complex medical needs.
- Their versatility offers greater resistance to pressure, heat and contact with potent chemicals
- They deliver medication doses that must be accurate and consistent each time they are administered.
We serve other sectors too
As well as working to create an extensive range of tools and plastic moulded components for the medical and healthcare sectors, we also work across several other industries, including automotive construction, military, retail, agricultural, packaging and lighting. Our customers regularly report high levels of satisfaction and we take pride in getting the details just right.
Want to find out more?
To find out more about what we do, or to ask for a quote for our tooling and moulding services for the medical and health care sectors, please get in touch with us on tel. 01908 374144.
We look forward to working with you!