Farms and agricultural companies are switching to plastic injection moulding as a low-cost alternative to using metal. Adreco Plastics is committed to providing high-quality plastic injection moulded parts to this crucial sector at competitive prices, without compromising on product quality. As injection moulding technology advances, so we keep pace with the increasing demands of agriculture. We work closely with farmers, agriculture consultants and other experts to produce what is needed to keep farm-wheels turning across the UK and abroad: durable, flexible and, above all, effective plastic components and equipment.
One consistent current issue in the agriculture sector is sustainability. The greater focus on environmental concerns means that our customers seek products that are built to last. At Adreco Plastics, we take pride in the durability of our work, and our plastic injection moulding methods are subjected to stringent quality control tests to ensure their resilience.
Why choose plastic injection moulding?
The breadth and scope of what can be achieved via plastic injection moulding are astonishing. Customers with very precise requirements can take advantage of the custom moulds to create exactly what they need. Results are lightweight and robust, able to withstand direct exposure to the elements.
- We start the process by taking a full customer briefing, liaising with you for a design specification and manufacturing plan.
- This is then turned into a prototype using our custom moulds and state-of-the-art plastic injection moulding machines to identify any minor revisions prior to the main production stage.
- Our experts will then help you select the right polymer for your needs and talk you through the various characteristics and advantages of all the available options.
All our materials are top quality and fully compliant with all relevant manufacturing industry standards. We work round the clock, five days a week across three shifts to ensure that orders are completed following the agreed schedule. The process is then completed with a full round of quality checks.
Injection moulding on the farm
Agriculture brings with it demanding working conditions, which often involve heavy wear and tear and frequent exposure to adverse or extreme weather. Farmers need to have easy access to equipment, vehicles and tools that work as hard as they do, which is why our robust plastic injection moulding methods bring with them many advantages on the farm.
Modern plastics and polymers offer significant benefits to the agricultural sector:
- They have astonishingly high levels of toughness and impact resistance.
- They are light, easy to clean and resistant to moisture and dust.
- They are resilient, withstanding adverse temperatures outdoors without degrading.
- Finally, the plastics used offers a hygienic finish: they can be safely included in applications and equipment used for feeding, watering, birthing, milking or cleaning animals. This also offers valuable reassurance regarding health and hygiene around the harvesting, handling and storing of crops.
The injection moulding process is compatible with both large-scale assemblies and producing tiny components that form crucial parts of the cogs and mechanisms inside agricultural machinery. Large numbers of identical plastic components can be manufactured at one time with accurate results every time and the opportunity to create spare parts for easy repairs later. This accuracy helps farmers enormously during their busier times, such as harvest or livestock birthing seasons: they know they can rely on the injection moulded equipment to work consistently, as it should.
Plastic injection moulded components and products can be found in a wide range of farming applications.
- Crates, pallets and bulk containers
- Tubs, baskets and bins
- Animal troughs
- Pesticide sprayer drone parts
- Agricultural machine parts and spares
- Irrigation system components
- Brushes and cleaning equipment
- Packaging and animal feed sacks
- Water tanks
- Exterior equipment covers
We serve a variety of industries
Adreco Plastics has built up a pleasing customer base in the agriculture and farming sectors and we enjoy working closely with them to meet their bespoke requirements. However, the work doesn’t stop there. We also work across a number of other industries, including medical and healthcare, defence and security, automotive, construction, retail, packaging and lighting. Our injection moulding services cover the entire engineering process, from initial design consultation to the manufacture and delivery of finished products, completed to your exact specification and preferred time schedule.
Find out more about Agricultural injection moulding
To find out more about our agricultural injection moulding services, or to request for a quote for tooling and moulding, please contact us today on tel. 01908 374144.
We look forward to working with you!